Meal Plan for Busy Mamas

One of the most commonly asked questions is about what I eat every day, and to be truthful it’s usually the same thing most days but I thought I’d share a little bit of what I have been doing and the meal plan I will be following going forward. First things first, this is not a “diet” and I don’t have any ill feelings toward dieting in general since it is necessary for weight loss, you have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight period. I do however have issues with diets that give you an obnoxious number of rules around food that do more harm than good.I only say that to give a heads up to the nutrition plan I will be following. I will loosely be tracking macros which will help me focus on proper portions and getting all of the nutrients I need to through my food. As it is, I definitely do not get enough veggies and lean protein in my diet which I know when I do makes me feel so good from the inside out.

So, for this plan it’s a simple calculation that factors in my weight, activity level, and goals. Which ALL meal plans should consider, if the plan you are following does not include those things run away very fast. I am not a nutritionist or dietician, but the plan I follow is created by a dietician. I’ve seen it work for countless women that I’ve coached and it obviously has worked greatly for me as well. With balancing macros in this simplified way we focus on a 40% carbs/ 30% lean proteins / 30% healthy fats. If the carbs number seems high to you, just remember that carbs are where we get our energy, your body literally NEEDS carbs to give you energy and when we say carbs we don’t mean bread we’re calculating in the carbs from fruit, bread, and other foods.

This is the calculator I use since my workouts fall in this range and I do workout 5 times a week currently.

Based on the number you get at the end of this equation you’ll find your plan which tells you exactly how much of what to be eating to reach your goals. Exercise is an amazing tool to help you reach your calorie deficit goals, but when it comes down to it it’s only 20% of the picture. Nutrition is where the other 80% comes from, and where most of your results come from. If your nutrition is off the results won’t show up.

To get access to the entire meal plan and video modules you can FILL OUT THIS FORM HERE so we can chat about your goals and get you started!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: