We all want a better butt, perkier, bigger, firmer, etc. but what I’ve noticed is that people typically think squats are the only way to get there so thats all they do. There is so much more that goes into building the “look” everyone wants when it comes to your butt. So, here are my top tips for making sure you get the results you desire!
1. Pre Glute Exhaustion/Activation: get yourself a set of resistance loops and make sure to warm your glutes, hamstrings, adductors, abductors, and quads up. Doing a pre-exhaustion also helps with adding more time under tension on the muscles which merits an abundance of amazing results.
2. Work Your Hamstrings: So many people forget to work their hamstrings and stop at the glutes. In order to give your butt that lifted look you need to work the muscles that support your glutes.
3. Lift Lighter: You heard me use lighter weights or stick to resistance loops. Yes you definitely do want heavy weights and to push your muscles to the max, but you need to focus on form and the smaller muscles that help give you that shapely butt.
4. Plyometrics: Don’t be afraid to do bodyweight plyometrics. Using functional movements helps use your muscles at their maximum potential. So jump squats, switch lunges, sprints.. DO IT!
5. LUNGES! : This is my favorite tip because there are literally SO many ways to do lunges and in my humble opinion lunges work your glutes better than squats do. Lunges are a very undervalued exercise for sure. Here are some of my favs:
BOSU Ball Forward Lunges
Bulgarin Split Squat (aka lunge with one foot on a bench behind you)